4-Wire Multiplexer with Polarity Select
Used for production testing applications requiring switching of signals from parts under test to instrumentation for high precision, high speed resistance, Thermal Transient and insulation resistance test. This circuit board maintains full 4-wire connections from the part under test to the instrumentation. Either of two input channels may be selected for test.
A third channel is provided for a piggyback single channel test certification board (see Measurement Verification – single channel). This unique board will quickly produce calibrated, traceable measurements for resistance, Thermal Transient and insulation resistance, confirming the ability of the equipment to accurately test production parts.
When used with a vision system for part orientation detection, the applied polarity for resistance and Thermal Transient test may be selected, reducing small errors caused by thermocouple effects.
- Simple logic inputs for test control
- No clocked circuitry for lowest possible noise
- Three channel multiplexer with logic select
- Full 4-wire connections to the test parts
- Two high voltage outputs for insulation resistance test
- External instruments used for measurement
- External DC source for up to +500VDC hi pot test
- High voltage enable and individual direct/10 Meg series select
- Diagnostic LED indicators for all test types
- Transient protection/noise supression circuitry for logic
- Fuse protection provided for +5/+12/+500V power supplies
Santa Barbara Automation delivers this board assembled, with schematics and interface information.